Monday, November 25, 2013

     The Technology Integration Matrix for Florida schools give different levels of technology integration into the curriculum.  After looking at each level I would consider myself to be in the Infusion level.  In this level the teacher is able to provide the learning context and then allows the students to choose the technology tool that they want in order to reach the outcome.  Along with the Infusion level I see myself also in the Goal Directed area.  In this area the use of technology is flexible and seamless.

    For me these two areas work together because the students in both areas are allowed to choose the technology they use.  In the Goal Directed area students are able to set goals for themselves and not just simply complete assignments.  Students can reflect on work they have completed and see and monitor progress made.  This works well with the Infusion area for me since I can be seen more as a facilitator rather than just a teacher giving information in lecture style only.

     I have always seen myself as a teacher that will work in a Montessori or Inquiry based classroom.  These two levels in my opinion will work well in these types of classrooms where students are more responsible for their learning.  I can use a math lesson where I will give the necessary content and then allow my students to set goals and use whatever technology they desire to complete the necessary work.  Students can then review their work and decide if the technology they used worked best for them.  Infusion and Goal Oriented work well together and definitely represent how and where I see myself now interested in technology and educational outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment